These are the plugins I’ll admit to using:
- Akismet for spam protection.
- Jetpack for stats, subscriptions, and other goodies.
- Debug Bar and Debug Bar Console, when I’m wearing my debugging hat.
- Embedly for better oEmbed support.
- Simple Twitter Connect and Simple Facebook Connect.
- SyntaxHighlighter Evolved.
- Hello Dolly, to symbolize the hope and enthusiasm of an entire generation.
- W3 Total Cache, using Alternative PHP Cache for object caching and static page caching.
The site is hosted on a Linode VPS server (512 MB RAM), which runs Ubuntu 10.04. Though I primarily develop and test on Apache, the web server is nginx 1.0.9 (running PHP 5.3.5).
I typically use TextWrangler for development, though any coding here was likely done cowboy-style with an invisible pink sombrero using Vim.